Okay, so I'm not a huge fan. Don't get me wrong, love the sugar cookies. Hate the work. I'm not a good seamstress and that stresses me out. I hate paying so much for a costume they'll only wear once. I guess you could call me the scrooge of Halloween. I don't even put up a single decoration.
My kids on the other hand, well they are super creative. Take Dylan. He decided this year to be "Mountain Dude". That is what Aspen calls Mountain Dew. He came up with the costume idea and everything I needed to get. Thank goodness for scrapbooking crap, we were able to make the sign. I also found a t-shirt and green basketball pants he can wear for more than one night. They were both on clearance, not a normal find at WalMart. The end result: a very cute "Mtn Dude."
Then there is Morgan. She had it in her head a month ago to be a character from one of her favorite books, Warriors. She had the ears and the tale from her Mouse costume and she just added the rest. Travis helped her with the painting and she went to town. She looked soooo cute. Travis is the Halloween guru. He even made a huge gigantic spider to hang on our front window. Very cool!
Jayden was easy. He wanted to be a golden knight. That was it. So we gathered everything we had, spray painted the old shield and called it good. Thank you Jayden.

Aspen got a little spoiled to say the least. The tiara is from her birthday. The wings were a butterfly I found in a garden shop. The skirt is handmade by a friend. The shoes are from the Disney store and she loves them. The shirt I'm kinda proud of it. It took me less than an hour to sew and with no pattern and no swearing. Quite a feat for me. The end result is a beautiful Tinker Bell. Love it!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment