Saturday Aaron and Dylan played in the Championship game. It was an unusually beautiful day for soccer. It was clear and 55 degrees, no rain and no wind. It was crazy considering the night before it was pouring and blowing so bad it would move the ball on it's own. Both the boys played hard. Aaron has been sick for almost two weeks now and hadn't gone to school on Friday. Usually I don't let the kids play when they haven't gone to school, but his team depends so much on him that I bent the rules.
Dylan was one of the youngest players in the league, but you wouldn't have known this by watching. He played so tough! He'd charge the ball no matter the opposing player. There were a few times that he'd go up against a girl two grades older and try to be polite. He learned quickly that they wouldn't give him the same courtesy. After a few games he'd run over anyone in his way. Is it bad to say I was proud of that?
I'm glad soccer is over, not that there is a lot of time before basketball starts, but it will be nice to have a break with the kids.
1 comment:
Look at those boys go - and how fun to have them on the same team, too. How did Morgan's season end?
Post a Comment