I cannot say how important they are, that's obvious. I can say how much my kids miss them! I know without a doubt that we are supposed to live here. We call Ketchikan home. Yet each time I visit I realize how envious I am that my siblings children are growing up with these amazing people.
They get the day to day love. They get the birthday and holiday love. They get the learning, the hoping, the support. Am I doing the right thing? In living here am I depriving my children of knowing their grandparents?
Every time we visit I have to remind the little ones who their Grandparents are. It breaks my heart. They don't love them any less, they just don't know them. I can't replace this time. For some of our loved ones I know that is a short time. I show them pictures and tell them stories. I tell them the naughty things I once did to grandparents and help them understand that they, their grandparents, love them unconditionally and completely.

Yet, this doesn't bring me peace. It doesn't make the pain go away. I'll I know is that I love these people and they love my children. Our Heavenly Father sent us here for a reason and he will help heal these wounds. For now, I just have to keep showing the pictures and telling the stories. For those of you who do get to be close to your parents and grandparents - cherish it! Don't take it for granted!
1 comment:
Oh these photos are PRECIOUS, Sandy!! I need to do this. I REALLY need to do this.
Post a Comment