Thursday, January 20, 2011

Basketball 24-7

If it's winter it must be Basketball season! That means four kids on four different teams. Aaron is playing for Kayhi this year. He plays both JV and Freshman team. At 6'3" he is officially the tallest player on the entire team! Not just the JV - the whole team! He's hoping to add a few more inches before senior year. He will travel four times this season, three times to Juneau and once to Sitka.
 Dylan played for the middle school team and is now playing in the 9-12 grade division for City Basketball. Even though he's only a 7th grader, he fits right into the division. His form is almost perfect. He was voted MVP for his team, averaging 10 rebounds a game and 6 steals. I can't believe how good he's getting!
Morgan is playing in the 4-5th grade division. I am coaching this year. I'm having a blast, but most of the parents don't like me as the coach. I firmly believe in teaching the girls fundamentals - dribbling, shooting, passing, basic offense and defense. I've been told after more than one game that I should be teaching plays, full court press, etc. Some of these girls haven't ever played before! It's crazy how competitive the parents get!!
Jayden is doing the Pre-K dribblers camp on Saturdays. He loves it. The coach is a wild man, but the kids think he's awesome.
For now Aspen is content to wear her blue for Dylan and maroon for Aaron. As long as I have the right pom poms she's happy!

1 comment:

Jen Gallacher said...

Holy cow! It's a blog post. ;) So fun to see your kids in action.