During the month of May I realized that it was so crazy I'd have to put camping on the calendar for it to actually happen. Good thing I have Sarah to keep me to my word. As the week got closer I was so tired. I considered canceling, but we had made a deal.
The kids were good in helping to get a little bit ready everyday. Aaron had all-stars and I had to work each night, this made packing a huge feat. Finally Thursday morning we were ready. We loaded up the car as tight as we could and headed out.
We decided to go out to Settler's Cove. We love the beach there and thought the camp spots would be good. Sarah had found one earlier and we went straight for it. It was perfect. Big enough for two tents and lots of kids. Good thing too since I brought my five plus two more. Aaron, Dylan and Morgan were awesome setting up the tent and getting things unloaded.

As soon as we were set up we started to relax. Some of the kids went down to the beach to play, others stayed at camp. Morgan had a new book and dove right in to it. It wasn't long before I had to head back in to town to take Aaron and his friend to All-Star practice. It took me and hour and a half to go to the park and back. AHHH! We got back and had hot dogs and smores. After a few hours of playing we hit the sack. Aspen slept terribly. The boys did okay, apparently when really tired I snore.
The next morning we played at the beach all day. We made sandwiches and goofed around. Morgan spent hours looking for bull fish and hermit crabs. They had a wonderful time. That night we had dutch oven chicken and potatoes. I had to take the boys in to baseball again, but this time they got a ride back out. I'm so glad I went. We had a wonderful time and will do it again in a few weeks!!
1 comment:
We had so much fun! your family is so sweet. i'm glad we went! i'm hoping to go again before school starts. i'll let you know. thanks for everything! and thanks to dylan for the help with my tent. oh and aaron you are going down on monday! phase 10 championship is on!
Post a Comment