Friday, May 1, 2009

Mental Health Day
That is what the teacher's called when I did it. What did I do? Well let me tell you:  it's been raining for six straight months. There has been a few days with sun, but usually cold winds come with the sun. We have something scheduled every night for every day. Four kids are in baseball, one in dance, two in scouts, one in achievement days. Three have an hour or two of homework every night. One baby goes to bed at 9:00pm and wakes at 7:00. The toddler goes to bed at midnight and wakes at 9:00am. Mom is going on about four hours of sleep a night. Mom feels like her whole world is crashing around her. What would you do if the sun came out and it's 75 degrees.  Me? I went and checked all four kids out of school, swung by the store for snacks and headed to the beach. 




















We went south to Bugge Beach. The tide was lower than I've ever seen it before. There weren't any dogs (this was unusual)! The sun was high and the wind was low. It was PERFECT! We snacked, relaxed, played and talked. No injuries, no fights. Just what we needed. 




















I don't know about the kids, but my mental health was wonderful after this. We went home to find life crazy just like it had been before. Now, however, we had a little sunshine to keep us going!

1 comment:

Jen Gallacher said...

I'll bet you notice better behavior after a few "do nothing" days. It seems to help around here. :)