Sunday, January 10, 2010

We have a Winner!


















Dylan's team won their second game today. It's been a rough season for them and today wasn't any different. Travis is their coach and rather than work on a single "star" run and gun offense, he is actually teaching them the fundamentals. It's amazing to me how many coaches, even those at the Junior High, High School club level don't teach their teams anything! It's just about the win. For example at Dylan's game, Travis said the other team would just get the ball in and bring it down the court straight to the basket. They didn't work it around, didn't look for the open man; just drove every time. This might work if your guard could actually make his layup, but it isn't such a good idea if the team you are playing against has three boys a foot taller than your players! Dylan's team just kept working at their offense and found themselves dominating the whole game! I am so happy for Dylan and his team! Maybe we are starting a streak!!
I love that my kids are involved, but i hate the fact that so many games cross over each other. I haven't got to go to one of Dylan's games yet! And he's had 15! Today we had three games all at noon! And that wasn't all the games we had! I love watching the kids though. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

1 comment:

Jen Gallacher said...

Way to go, Dylan!! I'm not surprised. Look at that stance. Total pro!! :)